I’m so honored to tell you that I’ve been nominated by a fellow blogger for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you to Kathy of KN J Tales and Snippets for thinking of me! I am truly humbled and flattered. Make sure to check out what Kathy is up to on her blog. Her humorous take on being a mom is sure to keep you entertained!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition award for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy through their creative blogs.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 Questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the Nominees 11 new questions.
Kathy’s Questions For Patrice:
1. When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging a little over a year and a half ago, but took some time off. I relaunched my blog with a new name about 8 months ago. I started it because when I was a new mom I remember feeling so confused, scared, and isolated. Once I found out that other moms were going through a lot of the same things that I was, I felt so much better. So I want to help other moms see that they aren’t alone in all of the hard parts of parenting. People have always said that I’m a good writer, so I thought it would be a great way to use my gifts and help others at the same time.
2. What are three words that best describe you?
Loyal, caring, and calm. I often don’t actually feel calm in my head, but a lot of people say I have a calming sense about me so I guess that counts for something?
3. Where is your favourite place to visit?
I love to go to any beach, but going to Seacrest in Florida with my family is probably my favorite. The beaches are so clean there and there’s a lot of good food and shopping.
4. What is your favourite food?
This is a hard one, because I really love food!! I’d probably have to say chocolate if I had to choose just one thing, but I love steak too.
5. What is your favourite movie?
Mary Poppins was always my favorite growing up. It’s been hard to beat that one!
6. If you could share a meal with any 2 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
I’d love to meet Jennifer Garner and to have one more meal with my dad who passed away when I was in college.
7. What is one thing you would never do again? I will try really hard not to back into my husband’s car in the driveway, but I guess technically there are no guarantees on this!
8. If you had to lose one of the five senses (touch, smell, sight, hearing, taste), which would you choose? I guess smell would be the easiest one to live without. It would still be really hard not knowing what your food smells like when eating it though!
9. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
When I was in high school there was a church that did an annual wild game cookout. I tried quite a few weird things like frog tail, rattlesnake, and quail. I don’t remember them tasting too bad!
10. Who is your role model? The person that you look up to the most? Why?
I’d have to say my mom. She is so strong, has an amazing faith and a huge heart. She’s always befriending people that need help and doing little things for them. I’m so grateful to have her in my life and that my kids get to live so close to her.
11. What are you grateful for?
I’m grateful for my family, especially my two boys and my husband. I’m also grateful that we get to go on so many fun trips together.
My Nominees (If They Choose To Participate):
Be sure to check out their blogs and show them your support!
1. Haley at Life With The Lingerfelts
Haley writes about pregnancy and the struggles every woman faces reclaiming their self-esteem postpartum.
Nicole at Keep Calm It’s Life.
Nicole is the mom to four children and she started her blog to help other’s see that there is no such thing as perfect parenting. Her blog has evolved to be about more than parenting now, including topics like Health & Wellness.
Claire at Our Favourite Jar.
Claire started her blog as a place to write about the difficulties she faced when losing her mom, but also includes stories about her family life with her kids and husband-to-be.
Kimberly at Blessed Stressed and Caffeinated Mama.
Kimberly shares the struggles and joys of being a momma along with positive vibes to help motivate others to a better life.
Patty at Turks & Chaos.
Patty is a stay-at-home mom who writes about her adventures in parenting with her three boys. Boy moms unite!
- When did you start blogging and why?
- Name is one thing you are thankful for?
- What’s your favorite fall food or drink?
- If you could time travel, where would you go?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- Which song do you love to sing along with when you hear it?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
- When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
- Tell us a great book you’ve read recently?
- Which fictional character do you wish you could meet?
Thanks again Kathy for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. And thanks to my friends in the blogging community for all of your supporting!