I’ve been trying to stay positive and reminding myself that one day our lives will be back to normal.
I started a Gratitude Challenge on my facebook page. Every day I’m writing 3 things I’m grateful for right now. A few of the things I’ve shared so far have been:
1. That my husband can work from home. Although I’m not sure he’s loving it as much as I do.
2. That he’s home for dinner every night and we can eat together as a family.
3. Playing board games together, even if my 5 year old is a dirty cheater.
4. That my husband has been grilling more, hence me not having to cook as much.
5. Going on family walks together in our neighborhood.
6. Living close enough to the Chattahoochee River that we can walk, bike or run there.
7. That I bought a bike a few years ago and finally dusted it off to ride it.
8. Amazon has toilet paper now, even if it will take a week to get here.
9. Not getting hurt when I crashed on my bike today.
10. The beautiful weather we’re having in Georgia.
It’s also been really cool to see all the things my friends have shared about what they’re grateful for.
Eventually we will be able get out of the house without worrying about getting sick.
Have you ever had a free day as a mom and spent the whole time thinking about what you were going to do? Or even worse, did you waste the few hours you had catching up on laundry or cleaning your house?
I’m not going to let that happen when we finally can get out of the house!
So I’m working on my list of what I’ll do with all of my freedom.
These Are The 10 Things I Miss The Most:
- Eating dinner in a restaurant
- Sitting in a coffee shop
- Walking through the mall
- Going to the movies
- Getting hugs from friends and their littles
- Weekly play dates with friends
- Pedicures at the nail salon
- Workout classes at the gym- especially yoga
- Sending the kids to their grandma’s house for a long weekend
- Going to the beach
I’m also planning a weekend away with my girlfriends to do some of these things. Hopefully that will happen sooner than 2021.
What’s on your list?
I’m going to keep adding to mine.